- Provide legal advice and render legal opinions to the SDS, ASDS, officials of the Division in relation to the performance of their functions
- Interpret laws and rules affecting the operation of various division programs
- Prepare and review contracts, MOAs and instruments to which the Division or any of its offices and school is a party, and interprets the provisions therein
- Evaluate complaints filed, conducts investigation and draft decisions and orders of cases against non-teaching personnel within the Division
- Conduct investigations of complaints against teaching personnel as may be delegated by the regional office
- Draft actions/endorsements on complaints and letters for signature of the SDS in accordance with the provisions of the law and DepED rules and regulations.
- Represent the Division in court cases, when deputized by the OSG
- Perform such other functions as may be delegated by the Superintendent